Now that we've decided to use the Steam workshop I thought I'd mention this little collection of 'mods' I found.
Well, mods is a loose term since they only have to be added to the server (NO CLIENT DOWNLOAD NEEDED)
The 3 mods I'm suggesting are:
"Advanced Sling Loading"
Sling Loading: https://steamcommunity.com/sha ... etails/?id=615007497
Towing: https://steamcommunity.com/sha ... etails/?id=639837898
Rappeling: https://steamcommunity.com/sha ... etails/?id=713709341
There's a 4th "Advanced Urban Rappelling", though I don't see why and how that one would anything meaningful to the server, but the 3 mentioned above could really enhance some aspects of the public experience, I think.
You can read the description for each of the 3 mods for a more in-depth description but to make it short they allow players to:
- Rappel from helicopters up to several players at a time depending on the helicopters size (including onto rooftops).
- Rope physics are improved meaning that a moving helicopter will make fast roping harder and more dangerous.
- Players can control their rope descent with the movement keys.
- Pilots will be able to sling load several ammo crates at one time and even static objects (I think the video example was a portable toilet lol).
- Vehicles will be able to tow up to 2 other vehicles at a time depending on their own size as well as that of the towed vehicle(s) (a tank can tow one other tank or two cars or a plane etc. but a car can't tow a tank).
I'll say again, players will not have to download anything (according to the descriptions anyway). The mods only have to be added to the -servermod command line and then they should work for anyone joining.
So what do people think? Discuss!